Questions And Answers About Personal Injury Cases

I am attorney Cameron D. Simpson, and over the past 33 years of practice, I have answered questions from countless personal injury victims in Fort Walton Beach and across the Emerald Coast. Here are a few of those questions:

Do I need to go to see a doctor if I only have minor injuries?

Yes, you should seek medical treatment right away after your accident, even if you think you only have minor injuries. The true extent of your injuries may not be apparent until a few days (or weeks, or months) down the road. However, for the sake of your health and to maximize the chances of winning your case, see a doctor immediately. Don’t tell yourself that you’ll go to urgent care next week if it still hurts.

How much is my personal injury case worth?

The value of your case will depend on many different factors. These include the types of injuries you suffered, your age, your earning ability, your medical expenses, your pain and suffering, property damage costs and more.

Once we discuss the details of your situation, I will be better able to advise you about the worth of your case. Call me at 850-659-6512 to set up a consultation.

If I was partly at fault for the accident, can I still get compensation?

Yes, due to the “pure comparative negligence” standard in Florida, you can still seek compensation if you were partly at fault. However, the amount of fault will determine the amount of money you can recover.

For instance, if you were found to be 40 percent at fault for a car accident and the other driver was 60 percent at fault, you can seek compensation for 60 percent of your damages.

What does it cost to hire a lawyer?

Like most personal injury attorneys, I work on a contingency fee basis. This means that I only earn a fee if I successfully recover compensation for you. My fee is deducted from the final verdict or settlement, so you don’t have to worry about paying a dime upfront.

Someone told me not to talk about my injuries on Facebook. Is this true?

Yes, it is true. It’s a very bad idea to post information on any social media site about your injuries while your case is progressing. Even a simple comment such as “I’m feeling good today” or a photo of you taking a walk could be used against you. The insurance companies are very skilled at collecting evidence and trying to prove that you aren’t as injured as you say you are — and therefore don’t deserve as much compensation.

Do you have other questions? I invite you to call my Florida law firm today to set up a free consultation with me: 850-659-6512. You’re also welcome to contact me online.

Practice Areas

Cameron D. SimpsonClients’ ChoiceAward 2019 10.0Cameron D. Simpson
  • State Bar of Georgia | Lawyers Serving the Public and the Justice System
  • Escambia Santa Rosa | Bar Association